PACIFIC is seeking Material Testers in California. The primary projects are Caltrans highway projects and Caltrans transportation facilities.
Region: California; various locations/counties from San Diego and Imperial County (D11) all the way to Oregon Border (Caltrans D1 and D2).
Status: Full-time (W-2 only)
- US Employment Authorization
- A valid Driver’s License and compliance with PACIFIC’s Vehicle Policy.
- Pre-employment drug test. Also, subject to drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment in accordance with PACIFIC’s Drug, Alcohol and Illegal Items Policy.
- Ability to work in outdoor field construction sites, and office include sitting for periods of time.
- Knowledge of computers, computer applications, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others)
- Have knowledge of uses of engineering construction materials used in the California state transportation projects.
- Have knowledge of how materials are placed, sampled, and tested.
- Have knowledge of construction contract documents including plans and specifications.
- Have knowledge of Caltrans Standard Specifications and Special Provisions relating to material testing.
- Have knowledge of field testing frequencies shown in the Construction Manual, in the QC/QA procedures, or as outlined in the Special Provisions.
- Have ability to interpret material test data and visually recognize basic material properties throughout production and placement.
- Have ability to work independently, to make clear recommendations, to prepare concise reports/documentation, and work constructively with others.
- Have analytical determination of material acceptability and interpretation of material problems.
- Have certification of Nuclear Gauge Operator Training.
- Have current certification required by Caltrans in the testing procedure before execution of the Contract and prior to that individual’s performance of any Field or Laboratory work that requires certification. Common test methods that require certification include, but not be limited to, the following California Test Methods: 105, AG125, AC125, PC125, MS125, 201, 202, 216, 231, 375, 504, 518, 521, 523, 524, 533, 539, 540, and 552.
- Certified in radiation safety or capable of getting the certification prior to starting work.
- fit testing for testing (PACIFIC will schedule this testing for you).
- Shall be capable of assisting the Resident Engineer in all aspects of material testing work.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and OSHA safety regulations.
- Strong references from current Caltrans Employees
- Ability to write reports and memos
- Some college education
PACIFIC is a privately-owned company specializing in construction engineering, inspection and project management in public works, focusing on heavy civil construction and transportation projects. PACIFIC offers competitive salary and benefits, including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, medical, dental, and more. PACIFIC policies, procedures and culture are in line with PACIFIC core values: client focus, excellence and professionalism. PACIFIC gives a high priority to employees’ safety and training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position with PACIFIC, please feel free to email your resume to [email protected]. Cover letter is optional, but preferred.