PACIFIC is seeking a Structure Engineer to be a representative for public agencies for the structure portion of the heavy civil construction projects primarily bridges, retaining walls, culverts and other structures related to highway projects.
Region: California (including the Bay Area)
Job Advertisement Code: 1903
The primary duties of a Structure Engineer are
- Perform independent structural design review of structures
- Perform engineering calculations and constructability review
- Perform structure construction engineering duties for bridges, buildings and other facilities.
- Read and interpret plans, engineering specifications and other engineering documents.
- Review submittals such as the engineering shop drawings, technical product data, test results, and construction work plans
- Perform daily field inspection of structure construction to ensure compliance with approved plans and technical specifications
- Ensure approved materials are received and correctly incorporated into the project.
- Monitor and enforce construction compliance with engineering contract documents, safety regulations, and the Laws
- Identify non-compliant work and take appropriate action to bring it back into compliance per engineering plans and specifications
- Perform engineering evaluation of non-conforming work
- Document the project’s progress and track the quantities per the bid items of the engineering specifications.
- Perform calculations from the plans verifying location, layout, line and grade of various elements
- Review and respond to Contractor’s Request for Information (RFI)
- Track all changes and/or modifications and ensure they are noted on the as-built plans
- Assist the Senior Structure Representative of the project for various construction activities and represent the clients.
- Capable to learn and use the common structure construction manuals: Construction Manual, Prestress Manual, Falsework Manual, and Foundation Manual
- US Employment Authorization
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- 2+ years of inspection experience in engineering, structure construction on bridge or building projects
- Experienced and capable to perform structural engineering design, calculations and analysis for various structures
- OSHA 10
- Valid Adult Standard First Aid Training
- Driver’s License and compliance with PACIFIC’s Vehicle Policy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work alternative shifts including weekends and nights.
- Capable to make quick and effective decisions to resolve field issues.
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work in outdoor field construction sites, and office include sitting for periods of time.
- Have general knowledge of code requirements
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and regulations
- Ability to write reports
- Capable to work with common Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF files)
- Pre-employment drug test. Also, subject to drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment in accordance with PACIFIC’s Drug, Alcohol and Illegal Items Policy
- A Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- 15+ years of experience in structural engineering, civil engineering, construction engineering and/or structure construction inspection
PACIFIC is a privately-owned company specializing in construction engineering, inspection and project management in public works, focusing on heavy civil construction and transportation projects. PACIFIC offers competitive salary and benefits, including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, medical, dental, and more. PACIFIC policies, procedures and culture are in line with PACIFIC core values: client focus, excellence and professionalism. PACIFIC gives a high priority to employees’ safety and training. Feel free to visit our Career page for additional information.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position with PACIFIC, please feel free to email your resume to [email protected]