Assistant Structure Representative | Structure Construction Engineer
PACIFIC is seeking Assistant Structure Representatives / Structure Construction Engineer in California. The primary projects are heavy civil transportation projects including bridges, retaining walls, sound walls, culverts, and occasionally buildings.
Region: In California. Discuss the specific location of the project with the Hiring Manager as PACIFIC has contracts all across California.
The primary duties of an Assistant Structure Representative are
- Assist Structure Representative for various construction activities and representing the clients
- Perform daily field inspection of bridge construction to ensure compliance with approved plans and specifications
- Prepare daily field inspection reports based on the on-site construction activities
- Read and interpret plans, specifications and other construction document
- Review submittals including shop drawings, product data, test samples, construction work plans
- Ensure approved materials are received and correctly incorporated into the project.
- Monitor, coordinate and enforce construction compliance with contract documents, safety regulations and environmental documents
- Identify non-compliant work and take appropriate action to bring it back into compliance
- Immediately report critical issues and/or possible delays to supervisor
- Monitor and document all construction equipment, personnel and activities.
- Assist Structure Representative and Resident Engineer with documenting the project progress.
- Perform calculations from the plans verifying location, layout, line and grade of various elements
- Respond to Contractor’s Request for Information (RFI)
- Ensure all changes and/or modifications are noted on the final plans
- Facilitate safety meetings and other team meetings
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with various contractors, entities, clients, and regulatory agencies, e.g., sampling and testing of construction materials, construction staking and surveying
- Perform constructability review of contract design plans
- US Employment Authorization
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or Higher) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Structural Engineering or relevant majors, or a 2-year Pre-Engineered Degree
- Previous structure construction inspection experience working on highway projects on Caltrans Right-of-Way or other DOTs
- 2-3 strong references from former Clients/Public Agency Staff who directly worked with you on Highway projects
- A valid US Driver’s License and compliance with PACIFIC’s Vehicle Policy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to present his experience in his/her resume.
- Flexibility to work alternative shifts including weekends and nights
- Effective with personal time management and multi-tasking
- Ability to work in outdoor field construction sites, and office include sitting for periods of time.
- Have general knowledge of code requirements
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and OSHA safety regulations
- Ability to write reports and memos
- Capable to work with common Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF files)
- Pre-employment drug test. Also, subject to drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment in accordance with PACIFIC’s Drug, Alcohol and Illegal Items Policy
- EIT or California PE
- Professional certifications by recognized inspection agencies (ICC, ACI, AWS, QSP, Caltrans, etc.) for applicable CTMs, ASTMs and/or ACI procedures and take samples and perform field-controlled tests of construction materials for quality assurance
- Progressively responsible experience in construction management and inspection of Public Works or Industrial facilities, serving as an Assistant Structure Representative, Assistant Resident Engineer, Construction QA Inspector, or equivalent
- Ability to use the common Caltrans bridge construction manuals: Construction Manual, Prestress Manual, Falsework Manual, and Foundation Manual.
- Knowledge to perform independent check calculations for temporary works such as falsework and shoring, and quantity takeoff per Caltrans manuals
- Willingness to learn new construction technologies
- Design Build experience
PACIFIC is a privately-owned company specializing in construction engineering, inspection and project management in public works, focusing on heavy civil construction and transportation projects throughout CA from San Diego to North of CA at Oregan’s Border. PACIFIC offers competitive salary and benefits, including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, medical, dental, and more. PACIFIC policies, procedures and culture are in line with PACIFIC core values: client focus, excellence and professionalism. PACIFIC gives a high priority to employees’ safety and training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position with PACIFIC, please feel free to email your resume to email@example.com