PACIFIC is seeking MEP inspector candidates to be a representative for public agencies supervising the MEP construction in LAWA airport facilities and buildings for the upcoming LAWA contract.
Region: Los Angeles County
Status: Full-time, Direct Hire on W-2. This position will be Prevailing Wage work per DIR.
The primary duties of a Structure Representative are
- Technical and contractual administration, and field inspection of MEP construction to ensure compliance with approved plans and specifications
- Prepare daily inspection reports based on the on-site construction activities.
- Read and interpret plans, specifications, other construction documents, and complex contract language
- Review submittals including shop drawings, product data, test samples, construction work plans
- Respond to Contractor’s Request for Information (RFI)
- Monitor, coordinate and enforce construction compliance with contract documents, safety regulations and environmental documents
- Document the project progress and payment and coordinate with others for contractor progress pay estimates.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with various contractors, entities, clients, and regulatory agencies, e.g., sampling and testing of construction materials, construction staking and surveying
- US Employment Authorization
- Relevant ICC Certifications
- Previous MEP inspection experience in QA or QC roles
- A valid Driver’s License and compliance with PACIFIC’s Vehicle Policy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work alternative shifts including weekends and nights.
- Capable to make quick and effective decisions to resolve field issues.
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work in outdoor field construction sites, and office include sitting for periods of time.
- Have general knowledge of code requirements
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and OSHA safety regulations
- Ability to write reports and memos
- Capable to work with common Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF files)
- Pre-employment drug test. Also, subject to drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment in accordance with PACIFIC’s Drug, Alcohol and Illegal Items Policy
- Have References from Clients (current Public Agency Employees) with whom you directly worked with.
- MEP inspection experience in LAWA or other airports
- MEP inspection experience in California, DSA and/or OSHPD
- Inspection experience other than MEP
- Willingness to learn new construction technologies
- Design Build experience
PACIFIC is a privately-owned company specializing in construction engineering, inspection and project management in public works, focusing on heavy civil construction and transportation projects. PACIFIC offers competitive salary and benefits, including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, medical, dental, fitness club, and more. PACIFIC policies, procedures and culture are in line with PACIFIC core values: client focus, excellence and professionalism. PACIFIC gives a high priority to employees’ safety and training. Feel free to visit our Career page for additional information.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position with PACIFIC, please feel free to email your resume to [email protected] Resumes MUST include project information such as: project name, project agency/owner, city and state, your role in the project, your performance period (start date, end date), project description, your duties, and the elements you inspected. Please state all the required qualifications are met either in your email or a cover letter.