PACIFIC is seeking Office Engineers in California. The primary projects are transportation projects such as Caltrans highway construction projects, transportation facilities, roadways, streets, interchanges, bridges, and rail / transit. This position will serve as the on-site field administrator of activities related to construction projects, submittal packages, and project documentation and ensures that the project runs smooth with clear communication among project team members including Contractors, Agencies, and staff.
Region: In California. Discuss the specific location of the project with the Hiring Manager as PACIFIC has contracts all across California.
The primary duties of an Office Engineer are
- Assists the Resident Engineer and/or Project Manager in all aspects of required office construction engineering work including setting up and maintaining project files, writing contract change orders, processing required documents and progress payments, as necessary.
- Perform quality calculations for progress pay estimates and keep for project records.
- Maintain continuous communications with various stakeholders such as the RE, Agency Representatives, Project Manager, and construction administration staff.
- Develops and maintains an organized and complete set of records and procedures for the project
- Review, negotiate and make recommendation for change orders
- Review submittals, deliverables and other construction documents for completeness and accuracy
- Monitors and schedules construction staking/surveys, field and material
- Develop or maintain logs for submittals, transmittals, RFIs, change orders, request for quotations, correction notices, stop work notices, and related construction documents
- Track, process and distribute submittals, RFI’s, design submittals, shop drawings, product data, and work plans
- Prepare weekly reports on progress of submittal, RFI, and design submittal reviews to the Resident Engineer
- Maintain the as-built drawings for change order updates and assists project lead in ensuring field staff updates as-built drawings as required
- Assist the Resident Engineer to prepare final project closeout documents, including the resolution of potential claims Requirements
- US Employment Authorization
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or Higher) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Structural Engineering or relevant majors (ABET Accredited).
- Possession of a valid certificate as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists, or issued by another jurisdiction and accepted by the California Board
- 3+ years of relevant construction inspection and/or office engineering experience.
- A valid Driver’s License and compliance with PACIFIC’s Vehicle Policy.
- Pre-employment drug test. Also, subject to drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment in accordance with PACIFIC’s Drug, Alcohol and Illegal Items Policy.
- Ability to work independently and perform typical construction field office duties.
- Thorough knowledge of Caltrans construction practices, and the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of the construction manual regarding estimates, extra work bidding, change orders, and other administrative duties.
- Maintain continuous communication with the Supervisor, Client & Agency Representatives.
- Ability to use typical computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Scheduling software, and Expedition or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels
- Inspection and engineering experience at projects on Caltrans Right-of-Way.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and OSHA safety regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring labor compliance.
PACIFIC is a privately-owned company specializing in construction engineering, inspection and project management in public works, focusing on heavy civil construction and transportation projects. PACIFIC offers competitive salary and benefits, including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, medical, dental, fitness club, and more. PACIFIC policies, procedures and culture are in line with PACIFIC core values: client focus, excellence and professionalism. PACIFIC gives a high priority to employees’ safety and training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position with PACIFIC, please feel free to email your resume to email@example.com. Cover letter is optional, but preferred.